Thursday, November 24, 2011

Vintage Thanksgiving Platter

Pin It
Happy Thanksgiving! 
My guys and I are spending the day with my sweet Mama today! I can't wait to have some of my Mama's dressing and pumpkin pie! Yummy!  I wanted to share a platter I created for Thanksgiving with you before I go on down the road today.
I made it to sell in my Etsy shop, but before I listed it, I took it to work to show it off and one of my co-workers bought it in a flash! lol! I'm searching for more vintage platters to make more for next year though!
I used my Cricut Expressions machine and the Wild Card cartridge along with some brown vinyl to create this vintage beauty.
Just look at the yummy crackled vintage-y yumminess and the beautiful ornate detail this platter has going on! I love this look in vintage goodies!  I won the platter in an online auction along with lots of other china pieces you've seen me create other holiday goodies with. There are some in my Etsy shop right now and more coming up soon!
It's really hard to tell, but the leaf even has veins in it which makes it seem even more realistic. Love that!
One thing is for sure, when I do find another platter like this, I think I'll make myself one first and then create more for my Etsy shop! lol!  I had it displayed on my old hutch and was sad when I had to permanently remove it.....but I replaced it with a turkey platter my Granny gave me years ago and it looks wonderful sitting there. Darn it, I should have snapped a picture for you to see! Maybe later!

Thanks for stopping by today. Please come again really soon, but until then...have a lovely day!  HUGS! :)

NOTE: The Cutting Cafe' is having a Black Friday Special!

Pin It!

4 comments:

- - Sheryl - - said...

what a great quick project -I am sure it will be a hit on the table for your co-worker!

bonnie said...

Super cute sweetie....love the idea ;) Hugs x

DonnaMundinger said...

How beautiful! Must have been hard to part with. Happy Thanksgiving, girlie! Have a great day. xxD

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my...this is GORGEOUS!!!!!! I can see why it was snatched up!! Absolutely stunning and I don't think I could have let it go!
hugs!!

My Cards